Hi there, I thought I’d just make a quick guide with some tips on how to study for exams or finals or other things of that sort.
First of all, for all of you on here who should be studying… I recommend you get some self control.
These apps will help control what you do on the internet, and when you do it. Self control apps work wonderfully and even if you delete them, they are still in effect, so if you’re really addicted this is good for you.
Some tips I can provide to you are:
- Time management, nuff said.
- Make a calendar of your month and plan everything out - make sure you put EVERYTHING on that schedule, so you know what weekends you actually have free.
- Try to get all homework or in-class assignments done IN CLASS, you might need to study after school.
- Go for extra help - what I do is I do all the review for one unit, and while I’m doing it, I make a sheet of all the questions (with page numbers so the teacher can do it with me) that I couldn’t get, a list of questions that I need to ask and also some general questions for the exam. Then I go for extra help and make sure everything’s covered. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Do unit-by-unit and start from stuff you learned at the beginning of the year, because you probably forgot more of that than what you just learned.
- Do practice exams! They are probably my favourite prep. What I don’t understand on the practice exam is key, because 99.9% of the time it’ll be on my actual exam.
Before actual exam…
- sleep well night before (don’t start cramming too late into the night)
- eat well morning of
- make sure everything is organized in terms of what you can take into the exam (pencil case etc.)
- make sure you’ve got the time right
I hope this helped somebody, as these are the things I do before exams. Good luck everyone, be calm, study hard and remember, IT’S ALMOST OVER!